Many of you will be aware that we have a close association with Plas y Dderwen Care Home in Johnstown. The current manager of the home Kath Evans is mother of one of our younger generation of players and wife of Neil who coaches the current Under 11’s.
On 10th April there is an opportunity for people to meet the manager of the home for those who may be considering care for a loved one.
Plas y Dderwen Care Homer isn’t just about care, support and reassurance for you or your loved one. You can trust us to put the person first, focussing on their individual well-being, and truly taking the time to understand what each and every resident enjoys, their own daily preferences and supporting them to try new things.
There are 5 reasons to choose Plas y Dderwen with confidence:
1. They’re delighted that residents and staff have been prioritised to received the Covid-19 vaccination. They are making the home as safe as possible and will ensure that all new residents are vaccinated before moving into the home.
2. Each staff member receives specialist training across a reassuring range of skills, from infection control to specialist dementia care.
3. Their Covid-secure visiting suite enables family visits in warmth and comfort, and garden visits are always welcome when the weather allows.
4. Food and nutrition plays an important part in the home, with delicious and nutritious meals that are carefully prepared by our talented team of on-site chefs.
5. Meaningful activities ensure each individual can continue doing the things they love, whilst discovering new hobbies to keep the fun in every day.
At Plas y Dderwen care home they are proud to provide:
* Residential Care
* Nursing Care
* Dementia Care
* Respite Breaks
* Designated visiting suite and online booking system for flexible family visits (All protocols are subject to government and public health guidance)
* Landscaped Gardens
* Hair & Beauty Salon
* En-suite bedrooms
* Spa Bathroom
* Larger Rooms for Couples
* Choice of Lounges
* Private Dining
We are proud of our relationship with the home and when it is allowed we visit the regular events they hold for residents and their families.
If you or your loved one would like to know more then please call to book an appointment to meet the manager on 10th April by ringing 01267 853000 where all your questions and queries will be answered in full. Further information on the home can be found at www.barchester.com/plas