Camarthen Quins earned a back to back away win over neighbours Llanelli RFC, completing the double.

The Quins took no time to get out the blocks. 5 minutes in, some great play by Quins forwards allowed the backs to use the ball with pace and depth. Jac Wilson found Josh Batcup who managed to bounce off two defenders before passing wide to Ryan Davies. Davies powered up the left hand touchline and placed a superb weak foot kick through for Torin Myhill to pounce on over the whitewash. Wilson converted. 7-0 Quins.

On the half hour mark, Quins were awarded a scrum. After multiple infringements from the Llanelli front row, the referee had no option but to award Quins with a penalty try. Outstanding work from the front five. 14 – 0 Quins.

7 minutes later, Quins were 50m out from the whitewash but Jac Wilson spotted the space in the outside channel. After some swift handling by the backs, the ball was found in Torin Myhil hands, using his pace to power down the right touchline. As a defender came across, Myhill unselfishly offloaded inside to scrum half Setarro, eventually passing back outside to centre Ryan Davies who dotted down in the corner. Wilson unable to convert from the touchline. Quins 19-0.

On the brink of half time, it was Quins’ turn to strike again. A lovely first phase attack from a right hand scrum on the Quins 10m line saw winger Dylan Richards whizz down the touchline to score his sides bonus point try. A great touchline conversion by Wilson.

Half time: Llanelli 0 – 26 Carmarthen Quins.

With the bonus point in the bag before halftime, it was important that the Quins did not get complacent in the second half.

Llanelli were the first to strike after half time with a well finished try by winger Joseph Hutchings. Josh Phillips converted from the touchline, 7-26 Quins.

3 minutes later, Quins struck back with their 5th try of the afternoon through replacement scrum half Aron Hemmings and what a try it was. A loose ball was picked up by Gethin Davies who got tackled well into his own 22. The ball found its way to Jac Price who zipped a pass into space, finding Ryan Davies who managed to put Full Back Luke Davies away down the touchline. L. Davies managed to offload the ball inside to Hemmings, running a superb support line, managing to run in from the halfway line to dot down. Wilson’s conversion was unsuccessful. 7-31 Quins.

On the 65 minutes mark, Llew Philips-Taylor earned his sides second try as a line out turned into a successful driving maul. Phillips converted. 14-31 Quins.

Minutes later it was Quins’ turn to show dominance upfront as replacement hooker Sion Jones powered over from our very own driving line out. Wilson converted. 14-38 Quins.

It was Llanelli winger Rhys Harris’ turn to dot down as Llanelli identified some poor defending by Quins on the short side, managing to easily work the overlap. Phillips converted again. 21-38 Quins.

As the final whistle came closer, the try fest was concluded with another Llanelli try. This time it was Academy product Iestyn Gwiliam. Phillips accurate again with the boot.

Final Score; Llanelli 28 – 38 Carmarthen Quins.