Carmarthen Quins earn their first win over the season after a comfortable win over the Neath All Blacks.

It was Efan Jones who scored the match’s opening try after a brilliant run from Teddy Leatherbarrow, picking from the base of ruck, piercing the Neath defence. He then combined with his scarlets partner Efan Jones to touch down. Wilson converts from under the posts. 0 – 7 Quins

Captain Tom Phillips was the second person to cross the whitewash. After a dominant scrum 10m out from Neath’s Try line, number 8 Millin made a powerful carry towards the line, being brought down 3 metre short. Phillips then used his strength and power to pick and go over the line. Wilson converted. 0 – 14 Quins

After referee Newmann awarded Quins a penalty, outside half Charlie Titcombe noticed that Neath were not ready. Charlie decides to take the penalty quickly before picking out centre Josh Batcup who hit a superb line, to run in unopposed. Wilson on fire with the boot. 0 – 21 Quins

It was the right winger, Kalum Evans turn to cross the white line after a superb first phase starter from the backs. The ball found its way to Wilson at fullback, using his pace to get outside the defence before creating a 2 v 1 in the channel, unselfishly putting Evans away to secure a first half bonus point. Wilson converted once again. 0 – 28 Quins

After defending for 20 phases, Quins managed to turn the ball over. 2 passes allowed winger Nott to set off up the left hand touchline before offloading the ball to scrum half Efan Jones. Efan offload to Titcombe who picked his head up to see space on the right hand side of the park. Titcombe strikes a superb cross field kick into Evans’ hands. Evans beats three players before passing to scrum half Jones who walks in under the posts. A contender for team try of the year. Wilson accurate again. 0 – 35 Quins

Half Time: Neath 0 – Carmarthen Quins 35

Neath managed to get on the scoreboard early in the second half as Quins went down to 13 men. A lack of discipline and concentration allowed Neath to score. Jones converts. 7 – 35 Quins

It was Quins’ turn to strike, this time through Number 8 Lewys Millin. After superb efforts by the Quins forwards, Millin sealed the deal, going over from two metres. Wilson converts. 7 – 42 Quins

Neath scored their second try of the afternoon. Some neat play allowed centre to offload through the tackle, allowing the blindside flanker to run in out wide. Jones with another accurate knock. 14 – 42 Quins

It was Quins who had the last point of the game through Hooker Sion Jones. After another dominant scrum 5 metres out, the ball popped out to Millin who carried just short of the line. Jones picked the ball up and powered over scoring our 7th try of the afternoon. Wilson converts again.

Full time: Neath 14 – Carmarthen Quins 49