Special Tie Awards for Quins 1st XV players with over 100 appearances
PAUL ARNOLD 200+
200 + APPEARANCES
Paul played 234 games for the Quins 1st XV in his eight seasons with the club. Paul (above) being presented with his 200 appearances tie by Dorian Taylor, Club Committeeman
- · Paul was capped 16 times by Wales between 1989 and 1997.
- · He played for Swansea RFC for 15 seasons and was in the team that beat the touring Australians by 21-6 in November 1992.
- More information on his international and other career honours can be found in the club’s feature on “Quins Internationals.”
- Paul joined the Quins in 2000/01 from Swansea when the Quins were in Division 1.
- His 234 appearances were made up of:- 80 Premiership; 118 Division 1; 27 Cup & 9 Friendlies.
- He captained the team in his first season and also the following season 2001/02.
- He was a member of the team when the Quins gained promotion to the Welsh Premiership in 2002/03 and returning after demotion to the Premiership in 2008/09.
- He played in both Tovali Cup winning teams against Cwmllynfell in 2006/07 (32-15) and Loughor in 2008/09 (27-18).
- He scored a total of 21 tries.
- He was renowned for turning up for matches with a rustic bag of two apples and two bananas!
- His level of fitness meant that he missed less than 10 matches in his 8 seasons with the club.
- Paul became a successful triathlete following his retirement from rugby
Presentation photograph taken by Hugh Thomas